Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Aaaaaaah!

School starts in exactly one week, and I've spent this week trying to get prepared (when not in meetings). I have a classroom, and due to a mix-up, it actually has windows! Next upgrade would be to a corner room (yes, windows on 2 walls!) but that will be a while I think.

A question that I've been thinking about after being in the school building for a couple days, is who ever decided to have RECTANGULAR metal plates hold CYLINDRICAL rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom? Maybe it's the math teacher in me, but the shapes just don't match! This means the roll won't spin... am I the only one who has been frustrated by these?

Well, back to attempting to write a class syllabus and plan some lessons that will engage all of my students (this will be easier, I hope, once I have met them!)

4 comments:

Mike P said...

I heard a rumor that Mike D may try to sneak into your class disguised as a student and be disruptive. Be on the lookout. He will be slightly taller than your other students and look about 30.

Unknown said...

Yeah, so the toilet paper rolls on a rectangular holder are quite common in public schools, unfortunately. I think it's a budgetary thing, as it discourages over use of tissue...

So how are you? You can tell I haven't heard from you in a while when I actually go to your blog...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Dude, if this is too weird, you can always delete it after you're through pawn'dering the existence of superficiality; but, yet, what we make of this finite existence is what becomes our infinite eternity:

Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon...